Tuesday, April 11, 2006

hello world

hey there! Thank you to everyone who sent me supportive comments and thoughts about grad school and life in general. Always nice to hear from others who are going (or have gone) through the same thing. And its nice to hear from non-scientists who are fiber obsessed too. hehe.

School workload is down to a dull roar for now, the brief period between midterms and finals. I'm still doing background reading for my qualifying exam, and am halfway through my final laboratory rotation. I've knit VERY little in the last few weeks... i just don't have enough brain cells left over for pattern reading right now. I've been spinning at night when i veg out in front of the boob tube. Note to those who care: i DID knit a few rounds of St. Moritz this week. Its still on top of the knitting basket. just progressing with extreme slow-itude.

I have lots of things i've been wanting to post here, but haven't found the time. hopefully i'll get a few of them up this week. Here's the first:

I wore my felted mittens just about every day this fall and winter; the poor things took quite a beating. I wore holes at the fingertips of both mittens and the thumb of one!

I remember reading a book or website somewhere about using needlefelting to darn holes in socks, so i thought that would work pretty well on these guys. Everytime i wore them i thought about fixing them, but still hadn't gotten around to it. A few weeks ago felting superstar Sarah came over to my house for an evening of crafting and i asked if she'd attempt to mend them for me. Wow, she did an amazing job!

Of course, spring has finally arrived in boston. (yay!!!!!!) So i'll put the mittens away, but i'm very happy to have them fixed NOW so they'll be ready to wear when the weather turns cold again.

3 Comments:

At 4/12/2006 8:01 AM, Blogger Baycolonyfarm said...

Good fix job Dharia! Leslie will be proud! :)

 
At 4/18/2006 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you get the pattern for your felted mitts, they are soo cute??!!

 
At 4/25/2006 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great repair job. Love!!!!! the mittens. Where did you get the pattern?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home