Wednesday, February 22, 2006

dimensional warp

Its worse than a black hole. The body of a sweater like this is the evil alternate dimension of sleeve island. Alcohol won't help. neither will chocolate. I scrounged up 9+ hours of knitting time between monday and tuesday and what do i have to show for it?

FIVE INCHES. quick math reveals that i will need at least 40 more hours of knitting to finish the body. mmhmmm. yup. that'll happen.

Griffin, my codependant feline child, decided to console me last night while i knit. (in fact both cats were sitting on me at the time, but Sabine ran off when the camera came out.) Can i blame my olympic failure on poor field conditions? there was a fur storm that obscured my view?

5 Comments:

At 2/22/2006 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you and I are in the same black hole. I have about the same amount on my needles. Yep, 40 hours is about what we need to knit. Then there is assembly work to do. Are you putting in a zipper or knitting it as a pullover?
Keep up the good work and soon enough you'll be out of the black hole.

 
At 2/22/2006 1:40 PM, Blogger Trista said...

Good luck! Your sweater-in-progress is lovely. I understand about the time suck thing... try to find a zenspace among the eensy stitches.

But hey, girl, you lost some weight since last I saw you. Dude!!! So did Griffin! Congrats. :)

 
At 2/22/2006 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Griffin is such a cutey! I used to have a cat that wanted to sit with my while I read the newspaper. She would sit ON the newspaper and try to "knead bread". She was a cutey too. Oh and by the way..........love the blue sweater, the shade is nice (I hope you stick it through and finish it).

 
At 2/23/2006 12:04 AM, Blogger Peevish said...

That is so sweet! And eerily familiar.....

 
At 2/23/2006 2:32 PM, Blogger Peevish said...

Sabine pictures please! Let the mutual admiring of kitties commence!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home