Monday, February 13, 2006

frustrationville. population: me.


I was flying right along on my sleeve. The pattern was working out perfectly. Nice easy repeats. I have my center stitches marked. I got through the bottom pattern with no glitches. The row with 3 colors i decided i will go back later and do the 3rd in duplicate stitch. I'm ready to start the upper pattern. The one with the mountains, that doesn't have nice, easy repeats. That's where i hit my glitch. The Dale pattern doesn't mark sizes on the sleeve, so you don't know exactly where to start and stop the pattern. I assume this is because you are still increasing through this section and they want you to just count how many stitches you have and work it out for yourself. (You have to work the pattern into your increases however you see fit). For this section, i should be able to count how many stitches are on my needle and then read back from the center stitches to figure out where i should start the pattern. This makes perfect sense in my head. But on the needles it just isn't working. I tried to knit the same row 5 times and just could NOT get it to work out. Some growling and cussing later, i decided i'm going to let that sleeve rest a for a few days and come back to it with a clear head. I cast on for the other sleeve last night and worked a few inches of that one instead.

homework? what homework?

1 Comments:

At 2/14/2006 5:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you're flying (relatively speaking) through that sleeve.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home