Tuesday, January 24, 2006

(NQC)FO: Ribby Cardi

continuing in my tradition of showing off items that aren't exactly, completely finished:
Ribby Cardi!
Image hosting by Photobucket
Its zipperless. I wore it for 3 days straight anway. It will get a zipper soon, but i just couldn't wait anymore. I started it almost a year ago for crapsake! I promise to take a better picture when i put the zipper in. Love it, love it, love it!

Things Learned -
Good: Wool/Alpaca blend yarn is wonderfully soft and warm. i am in love with the yarn (Cascade Lana D'oro).
Not so Good: I'm now wondering if 45% alpaca has a bit too much drape for a ribbed pattern. The fabric is light and breezy, but i'm worried that a) the sleeves will stretch and not hold their shape and b) the fronts might not be as sturdy as i'd like when i sew in the zipper. we shall see.
Good: I extended the sleeves an extra 2 inches so i could have a nice fat cuff. me love cuffs.
Not so Good: Lacking serious forethought, i added at the top of the sleeve (after the increases). I should have done the extra length at the beginning before starting increases so that i dont' have extra bulk at the cuff and make the sleeves a bit to baggy.


ooh, ooh - my St. Moritz kit is waiting for me at the post office!!! yeehaw!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home