Monday, December 12, 2005

FO: Rosedale

Its finally complete!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I think this sweater is a serious improvement on the previous use of this yarn.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I've worn it (completely unblocked) two days in a row now. Totally loving it, its so warm and cozy. I wish i had knit it 1 or 2 inches longer. (I always forget how much the boob-ular area takes up the length of sweaters. grrr.) I'm also not loving the neck. I already ripped the collar out and reknit it once. I'm wearing it to see if it will still annoy me. i might rip it again and try it as a turtleneck.

What i learned from this sweater: how to knit corrugated ribbing.
I wasn't sure i'd like this, but i really wanted to try it. I love the end product. i think its a really nice detail and it makes the cuffs extra warm. (a nice bonus, since apparently Brandeis doesn't believe in heating the buildings in the winter! brrrrr!)

4 Comments:

At 12/14/2005 6:28 AM, Blogger Baycolonyfarm said...

It looks great Dharia! I love the colors of the yarn; they really compliment your coloring.

 
At 12/14/2005 7:13 AM, Blogger Kate said...

it looks great, and i'm glad that i got to see it in person! nice to meet you this weekend!

 
At 12/17/2005 7:48 PM, Blogger Dani said...

Lovely sweater! I know how unheated college buildings can be.. I feel your pain. Here's to keeping warm!

 
At 12/20/2005 9:44 AM, Blogger gail said...

Your re-nit of the sweater is fabulous! And, I love the inserted section in the same yarn, but different repeat of color. The collar looks fine, but if it bugs you, re-do it. What you feel is more important than what we think. What kind of science do you do?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home