Thursday, January 12, 2006

bobbin fresh

I've been in more of a spinning mood over knitting mood recently. My unfinished ribby cardi is still glaring at my from the knitting basket. The B. Orange sweater is stalled because one of my handcarders broke (!) and the drum carder is buried in the cra(p)ft room. I have been doing a lot of cleaning in there recently, though. i'm very excited about the prospect of being able to actually use that space. maybe... hopefully... someday soon. *fingers crossed*

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
i guess this warm weather made me think of Fall! I think it looks like Candy Corn.

I seamed up the sinfully easy lavender baby sweater last night while watching Project Runway. This is the first season that i've watched it since i didn't have fancy cable before. i love it! They are all so talented. I used to make a lot of my own clothes in high school. Mostly because we were poor and i had to do it. i got pretty creative about it (or weird, depending on who you ask).

But kids are cruel bastards and i was teased for making my own clothes. For never having the namebrand styles. A particularly snobby girl once told me "i can tell you make your own clothes because you always have a matching scrunchy for every outfit". ouch. (well to a 14 yr old, that cut like a knife.) So sewing was something i became ashamed of and stopped doing the minute i got an after school job and could afford to buy the 'right clothes'. I wish i still had those skills.

3 Comments:

At 1/12/2006 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kids can be so mean. But it's never too late to relearn lost skills. I'd bet they'll come back to you easier than you think!

I used to know someone - one day, she came to church wearing a very flattering jumper. I knew she had the mad sewing skillz, and I told her I liked the jumper and asked if she made it. She got *really* *mad* at me for asking because it was store bought. I never understood why she thought I'd insulted her.

 
At 1/13/2006 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure you were all Molly Ringwald with your Pretty in Pink style!!

 
At 1/15/2006 6:07 PM, Blogger Kate said...

you have a drum carder! i want to play with it! can i have a drum carder lesson someday? i'll buy you some roving if i can use your carder.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home