Tuesday, April 18, 2006

turtle approaches finish line


hey, hey, hey! I'm picking up steam again on St. Moritz. I've cast-off the neck front stitches and started an 8-stitch steek. I am still loving 2-color knitting. i might be hooked!

I kept thinking the body was coming out huge-mongous because there aren't any armholes for reference. Now that i know where the neckline is, i can hold it up to my neck and the fit looks fabulous. very exciting!

i might have to invite some friends over for a steeking party soon. I will definitely need all the moral support i can get when it comes time to bring scissors to sweater. Moral support and a stiff cocktail.

2 Comments:

At 4/20/2006 12:46 AM, Blogger Martha said...

It looks fabulous! The pattern has more color depth than I thought. Very nice!

 
At 4/23/2006 1:29 PM, Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Hi there! I met you at Gore Place yesterday while trying very very hard to resist your spinning wheel. Today I stopped by your blog in time to see the beautiful St. Moritz in progress. If you're interested, you can join the official Turtle A Long with other Olympians who didn't finish in 16 days. If you're interested, it's here:
http://femiknitmafia.blogspot.com/2006/02/turtles-kal.html
Loved your stuff, so I'm off to check out the Etsy store.
Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home