Friday, May 05, 2006

what was i thinking?

so here's a fiber-ish story from the last week:

i was in Sturbridge last weekend for a friend's bridal shower. I stopped in at a quaint little shop that advertised "quilts, wool, fabric". Hey, this car breaks for wool! well it wasn't spinning wool, as i'd hoped. It turned out to be felted wool for sewing and quilting, making "primitive" style crafts. As an aside, i hate that term. when did "country" get repackaged at "primitive"?!? ugh. but that's what they like in sturbridge.

The crafts and quilts were really cute, even thought not normally my style. In a moment of supreme idiocy, i decided to buy a small rug hooking kit. It looked fun. It had cute sheep. It was a small beginner item, and i thought it was something i would like doing.


I tried it. i officially don't like it. i worked on it a few nights this week. still don't like it.

It is supposed to be a 'sheep brick', whatever that is. Why do i need to cover a brick in wool?! While i was bitching about it in front of the tv, B. Orange responded: "well, its a brick cozy. then you can throw it through the window of the yarn stores you don't like."

HA! i love that boy.

2 Comments:

At 5/08/2006 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! In fact, if you decide that you want to get rid of it, I would buy/trade with you for it. My daughter does latch hook and I DO use bricks as door stops.

 
At 3/15/2007 9:02 AM, Blogger Katrina said...

You don't like rug hooking! I love it LOL! The patternis really cute too. A lot of rug hooking is primitive but there are some more intricate styles as well. If you ever want to get rid of the kit just let me know. I'll take it off your hands for you LOL! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home