Sunday, May 14, 2006

lets get IKEAfied


Those who've actually been to my house will not believe this... but i'm posting this from my craft room!! How is this possible? Many weeks ago, friend Jenn and I measured every square inch of room and furniture in the crap room. She brought graph paper and actually drew out a little model room and found the best possible arrangment. IKEA catalog in hand, we planned out a new, usable craft room. I didn't have the money to go ahead with the plan at the time, but planned on using my tax return for it.

Then i came across pictures of someone else's utterly droolworthy craft room and it inspired (or shamed) me into getting my own room into shape. On wednesday Jenn, Gina, Darius and I went to IKEA Stoughton and actually purchased the furniture.

Here is feline overlord Sabine supervising while Gina fiddles with small swedish hardware and the boys attach the glass doors.

I've spent most of the day today cleaning, organizing, culling, etc. The desktop is clear, i've got music and computer set up. Surprisingly, my entire yarn stash only takes up one cabinet! Its hard for me to actually organize, instead of just 'put away' and fill up drawers without really going through things.
I'll definitely post more pictures when the whole room is pretty and functional. Its so exciting!

3 Comments:

At 5/14/2006 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

when you are done, you are more than welcome to come help me! :)

it was really nice to meet you yesterday!!!!!

 
At 5/15/2006 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I just found your blog through Carole's, it was great to meet you this weekend! Glad I discovered your blog!

 
At 5/15/2006 10:50 AM, Blogger lazysaturday said...

Hi! it was nice to meet you and Gina on Saturday ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home