Tuesday, May 23, 2006

pictureless post; think blue.

i tried to have an interesting picture today, but the camera just wasn't cooperating.

I've gone back to working on my blue-green aran. there is only about 6 inches left of the shoulder, then its ready to block and seam. why, yes, i AM procrastinating on the St. Moritz neck. because i don't like to work on things that are complicated. perhaps its makes me a lazy knitter... perhaps i'm a slacker. Whatever the word, I have come to the realization that i don't like to think too hard when i'm knitting. I expect my knitting to be relaxing; something i can do at night in front of the tube. Not entirely mindless, though, I like it to have a little bit of challenge. Just not so much that i need to contemplate heavily. I am not the kind of knitter that designs her own patterns or significantly alters patterns. I just don't find that relaxing.

Right, back to St. Moritz. I need to actually sit down with pattern books and /think/ about how to make the collar i want. and so i'm procrastinating by finishing up other UFOs.

I must have the Blues lately. Not only am i finishing this aran, but I also came home with two different blue yarns from the Webs Tent sale last weekend. As much as i tried, i couldn't resist the disgustingly cheap prices. (buying from them was so much easier to justify when i had an employee discount! damn i miss that.) I got two bags of a bulky yarn - Filatura di Crosa ZarOne in a light aqua blue. I think this one is coming on vacation with me next week for plane/car knitting. I am torn on the pattern, though. Deciding between: Blackberry / Hot Lava shruggy type cardigan (pros: easy pattern, immediate gratification, nice shape. cons: odd shaping in the back, possibly not flattering for big-boobied gals?) or Glampyre Bulky Cabled Cardigan (pros: top down for easy of altering shape, simple to knit while travelling. cons: bulky yarn + cables + big boobs = disaster?)
thoughts from the blogiverse?

The second blue yarn to jump into my basket was some Debbie Bliss Merino Aran in a really gorgeous teal blue. I was thinking about making Rogue with it, but 1600 yards in the 20 balls i've got might be cutting it too close for my taste (pattern calls for 1650 for the largest size). Hypothetical option #2 is the Sunrise Circle Cardigan. suggestions?

1 Comments:

At 5/23/2006 8:58 PM, Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

I have 1162 yards of some lovely purple merino from the sale at my LYS. I thought I could make Rogue with it, but it's not enough, so I'm thinking of the Sunrise Circle Jacket, too. Just thought I'd let you know we're living parallel lives, at least for a moment in one way...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home