Monday, November 20, 2006

alert the press

My new wheel has finally arrived home. I couldn't be more pleased with it. The living room must now be rearranged to fit Hyacinthe. (Its massive, compared to my little ashford traditional.) The double treadle action is smooth as butter. Its going to take a little while for me to get used to double drive instead of scotch tension. The workmanship is amazing. Here is David, of The Merlin Tree, just before he showed me how to take the wheel off and load it into my car. Did i mention how nice he is? His wife Kathy (sp?), is a doll too. I could continue gushing, but i'll stop now.
Hyacinthe Wheel

The event on saturday was the "3rd Annual Southern Vermont Fiber Event" hosted by the River Spinners guildin Brattleboro VT. It was a small, but very pleasant gathering of vendors from the area.
I bought some dehaired llama from Hemlock Haven Llama Farm. I picked the choclate brown from Bailey (click to see a really adorable llama face!) Another purchase was 8 oz of irresistable cormo cross roving from This and That Farm in Danby VT. I tried to resist, I really did! That little voice in my head made me go back to her booth 4 times, then finally buy it. It was a toss up between the roving or undyed Cormo / Tussah blend yarn that they had spun by Green Mountain Spinnery. I'm usually not drawn to yarn at fiber events; I lust for roving. This yarn is something special, let me tell you. If I could have somehow justified buying myself a sweaters-worth on saturday, i would have. (quick, call her and get it for yourself before i change my mind!)

2 Comments:

At 11/21/2006 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to an Alpaca Farm this weekend and did the exact same thing! I had a plan - a budget - did well and then she pulled out the big guns!
Oh well, I will be eating oatmeal all week, but I have fun fiber at home drying so when I get off from work, I can spin spin spin! See newest pics (you have to go to yesterdays post - I love ALPACA!)
Hollyeqq.livejournal.com
Thanks
Holly

 
At 11/21/2006 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and I love your wheel! I love his work. I looked at them when I bought my Babe - it isn't fancy but it does what I need it to do.
Your's is beautiful!!!
Happy Spinning!
Holly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home