Saturday, January 27, 2007

late breaking news...

tune in (or record) this coming monday (1/29) at 11:30 am as Sarah, Dayna, and I appear on the show "Uncommon Threads" on HGTV. i'm nervous! the trip and filming process was so much sensory overload, i have no idea how the show will look when it airs. It may be cheesy, it might not make any sense. I really hope I didn't make any stupid mistakes in explaining how to dye wool!

I really meant to post this earlier, when we found out that the show was being aired on HGTV. (It was supposed to be on DIY, a channel that i don't even get!) If you want to catch it in re-runs it is episode #220 "Starry Night". (full directions and photos available on the website.) First I dye roving to match the colors of Van Gogh's famous painting. Then Sarah and Dayna use needle felting and beading techniques to recreate the masterpiece in wool. Then Allison sews and embroiders the cute little bag i'm holding in this picture. Sometime in March/April will be our second episode "Message in a Bag" (#258).

I've been recording and watching the other episodes all week. Its really surreal to see them and think "I was on that set. i sat in that seat." And in my mind i can hear the director say "more energy!!" A few days ago was the "Crafty Helper" episode that Marisa, Jennifer, and Caro (members of the Austin Glitterati). I totally couldn't get over thinking "We were having dinner together the night before. weird!!"

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1/29/2007 1:03 PM, Blogger textile_fetish said...

I saw you!! You came across as calm and together which was surprising as you were bouncing off the freaking walls when it was all over! Ha! You were ALL great. I liked that the other gals doing needlefelting at the table. That worked out fine, I thought.

 
At 2/10/2007 5:13 PM, Blogger Scoutj said...

I keep forgetting that I did a show on Knitty Gritty until I read about another person talking about their show. I don't know if I'll be able to watch myself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home