finished: Party Dress
wonder of wonders, the dress was finished (mostly) ontime!! i wore it to the Nutcracker 3/4 hemmed, 1/4 safety pinned on saturday. I did finish hemming and stitching everything in time for our big New Year's Eve Soiree.
I thought it should have a little more volume under the skirt, to get more of a 50's vintage feel. There's a costume shop very close to our house, but they closed early yesterday for the holiday. Luckily, there is a thrift store accross the street. i stopped in and found an old bridesmaid dress for $8.50. I cut the crinoline out of that and wore it under the skirt to make it a bit more flouncy.
Ms G's dress turned out awesome as well. She even made a matching bag out of leftover fabric! Since our dress patterns were originally from 1952, we had fun hamming it up with cocktails and gloves.