Wednesday, December 13, 2006

no nice needles for me!

dangit! I went to NYC last weekend, tossed the sock-bag in my purse for knitting on the train... and later pulled out TWO broken brittany birch needles. :( I've already used their 'free replacement' offer once, so now i'm just stuck with two broken needles. I really like these needles, but apparently i don't treat them well. I guess i'll stick to my bent plastic Pony needles.

finished falling leaves

I wore my finished Falling Leaves socks yesterday. ok ok, actually i wore them for about 23 hours in a row (i slept in them). i love them to death. I think i want to wear handknit socks every day this winter. mmmmmmm, warm. right, but i only have 4 pairs because i usually give them away. must knit more socks. in my copious free time.

Merry Christmas, from the Baarmy Sheep! Locals: Don't forget to come to Boston Bazaar Bizarre this weekend to finish off your holiday shopping with tons of awesome handmade stuff.

3 Comments:

At 12/15/2006 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have that same ambition, to wear only handknit socks this winter. I'm almost there...if I just had time to weave in the endless ends on my Fibonacci socks and reheel my very first socks out of handspun, I would be golden! But my friend who's supposed to have a baby on New Year's Day (after I finish my sweater project) is having it on Thursday. Or before. Hat time!

 
At 12/15/2006 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your falling leaves socks. I was reading your description of the scientist webring. I am not a scientist, but an engineer. And I agree that I need a "balance" to both sides of my mind. In school, when I used to get tired of studying for exams, I would make all sorts of strange crafty things, like a tiger snowflake for my roommate. :) Also, I like the math behind and the 3-D structure to knitting. And it is funny, I usually prefer more challenging projects because they make me think and keep me interested. Love your blog.

 
At 12/15/2006 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sometimes find myself wearing my handknit socks longer than I should! But I'm up to 6 pairs now so it's easier to wear them every day! Now I just have to make a dent in the sock yarn stash!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home