Wednesday, December 06, 2006

sock action

Here are my finished Falling Leaves socks! Well, very very nearly finished. Because no matter how many times i do it, i have to look up the instructions for stretchy bind-off every single time. I just have a mental block against memorizing this, my preferred bind off for toe-up socks (aka EZs sewn bind-off).
falling leavesYarn: STR "Covelite", purchased over the summer at Churchmouse Yarns and Teas in Bainbridge Island, WA. (very cute shop. pricey, but nice.)
pattern: Falling Leaves from Knitty. heavily modified. started in Sept, languished in the sock bag until thanksgiving.


jaywalker2current purse-socks: another pair of jaywalkers. I was going to work on my blue Starsky sweater over thanksgiving after finishing the felling leaves socks. I really was planning on it. Instead, we went to the LYS, bought new yarn, and started these socks. They were supposed to be a present for my mom, but i am so enamored with this yarn i might keep them. the colors are really gorgeous. Meilenweit something-or-other. I've already lost the ball band.

4 Comments:

At 12/11/2006 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm actually a beginner when it comes to knitting. My aunt knits, and she is teaching me the trade :) I knit when I have spare time, whether at work or in between classes & studying. I'm working on a scarf right now. My first one!

When did you go to Mount Holyoke? Does Mount Holyoke have strong geology & anthropology programs, from what you saw?

 
At 12/11/2006 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm actually a beginner when it comes to knitting. My aunt knits, and she is teaching me the trade :) I knit when I have spare time, whether at work or in between classes & studying. I'm working on a scarf right now. My first one!

When did you go to Mount Holyoke? Does Mount Holyoke have strong geology & anthropology programs, from what you saw?

 
At 12/19/2006 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is a Jaywalker?
Thanks
Holly
hollyeqq.livejournal.com

 
At 5/07/2007 3:03 PM, Blogger S said...

Hi - I just finished knitting one Falling Leaves sock. I did start both at once on a circ, but progress was slow so I moved to DPNs. Anyway, After I turned the heel, I did a pattern repeat, tried it on and thought it was too tight, but as it was my first toe up and short row heel I thought maybe it was something in the construction that would fix this. Of course it didn't. So now I have a sock I can't actually put on my foot. Boo. I'm curious what mods you made. I think I need an extra pattern repeat around the gusset, but can't really figure out how I'd add 12 stitches!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home