Friday, February 23, 2007

when the yarn speaks, you do she wants

Clapotis has been on my "to knit" list for a long time. (not just in my head. look, its over there in the sidebar!) I've been waiting for the right yarn to come along and tell me that it belongs to that pattern.

I have been dyeing a ton of yarn lately. Mostly sock yarn, but i'm also completely enamored with some amazing Bluefaced Leicester yarn that I got. Been itching to get my needles into it. I didn't plan this color, it just sort of put itself together. When it emerged from the dye crock i was immediately in love with it and new it had to become Clapotis. Its pale pink, chocolate brown, magenta, purple, and a really pale gray/lilac. Makes me think of Pansies.

I have 600 yards, so i'm making a more scarf-y (less wrap-y) sized Clapotis. One of the skeins came out darker with almost no pink in it, but the other two match each other very well. To avoid choppy changes in colors I knit halfway through the first light skein, then started alternating light and dark skeins every two rows. I can still see the shift because i know its there, but its not really glaring. I'm really happy with how its coming out. The DK weight BFL is awesome to knit with and is going to be great as a scarf.

And its such a quick pattern to knit. I started it two days ago, and the rows just keep flying through my fingers. I'm about half done already!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 2/24/2007 1:59 PM, Blogger Alison said...

That's lovely! Clapotis has been on my list for a while, but I don't see that I'll be working on it anytime soon, since I just finished Lady E and don't really need more scarves/stoles/wraps whatever right now. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home