Tuesday, August 23, 2005

its a small knitting scientist world

I'm almost recovered from my back injury! starting to get out of the house on a regular basis - no more house arrest! i am looking forward to joining some local knitters and spinners in the near future.

Last week i had a very funny coincidental meeting...
D and i were at an ice cream parlor near our new house, and I noticed three young ladies sitting there knitting. I debated whether or not i should go chat with them. I know sometimes it gets annoying when you're trying to just knit with friends and strangers want to talk to you... i didn't want to be that person. but i decided to go introduce myself anyway. They are so close to my house, maybe they knit there regularly? They said no, this was the first time they had come to knit in public. usually they were indoor grad student / knitters. Turns out that all three of them are grad students at Brandeis - in biology! classes haven't even started yet, and i managed to meet some fellow knitting scientists at my new school. how fun!

5 Comments:

At 8/23/2005 8:26 PM, Blogger Dani said...

Glad you met some other student/knitters... It always nice to meet new people :)

 
At 8/23/2005 8:48 PM, Blogger Rosemary said...

Hee hee. We're taking over. Really. Let me know the next time you want to go to Lizzy's for ice cream and knitting. I'll drop everything and walk over to join you.

 
At 8/24/2005 10:27 AM, Blogger Trista said...

And you were worried about making friends! Told ya!

*hughug* When *do* classes start anyway? And are you having fun with all those tomatoes? I'm thinking pizza sauce. :)

 
At 9/29/2005 6:51 PM, Blogger Kate said...

i work at brandeis, and am also a knitter. let me know if you ever want to get coffee and meet and knit for an hour during teh workday -- i'd have to call it a meeting, but i can probably get away with such things. i'm new and meeting tons of people all the time.

 
At 10/05/2005 12:56 PM, Blogger Darren Torpey said...

Way cool. =)

I was hoping you'd find some new knitting friends out there and I've been wondering if you had.

(Not that I doubted you would for even a moment. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home