Sunday, August 07, 2005

or maybe not.

i'm still here, in MA. we had to cancel our big summer roadtrip on Dr's orders. no sitting or standing for long periods of time. 2 -3 weeks of bedrest. i'm very sad to be missing the big trip, but trying to stay upbeat. (luckily it was very badly strained muscles instead of something worse...) my back is feeling alot bettter after a week of anti-inflammatory meds. i can now putter around the house, but i'm not strong enough to sit, walk, or ride in the car for long periods of time.

Just before we moved a friend gave me a giant roaster that had lost some parts necessary for roasting - but its PERFECT for dyeing. its awesome and i love love LOVE the giant roaster.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
note my highly scientific measuring devices: empty yogurt container and milk cartons. i was scrambling to adjust to dyeing in my house instead of the lab. eh, they worked.

check out how amzingly awesome Trista's felted kitty bed came out!! It was knit with a combination of handpainted yarn and my handspun yarn. the colors and patterns are really much more gorgeous in person. I really should make some for my cats. there would be mutiny here if they knew what they were missing!

i'd show you what i've been knitting... if i could find the cable i need to connect the digital camera.... its here somewhere. in a box. mmmyeah....

2 Comments:

At 8/08/2005 11:26 AM, Blogger Dani said...

What a great dying device! I need something like that to dye with... My dishwear doesn't quite cut it! What types of dyes do you use?

 
At 8/15/2005 8:10 AM, Blogger Fern Lady said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your back (been there-- the good news is, it always heals!) I just finshed my first ornamtn withthe roving that you colored for me back in June or May. I'llpost some pics on my blog in a week or two when I get some more done.

Rest up! Be good to yourself...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home