Monday, June 20, 2005

more fun with trading

as my time at work winds down (TEN DAYS!) i'm ramping up so many other creative activities. I'm looking forward to some free time in july to do nothing but craft all day long. awwww yeah! It won't be nearly enough free time, though, as i'll also need to pack the house for the move to waltham. then some travel, and unpacking, then school starts. eep. Hopefully i'll even break out the stained glass equipment for a bit. I like to give stained glass as wedding presents, and i've got 7 weddings to attend this summer!!

Some more exciting trades in the works:
I've mailed off some fun roving to Christina from Fernhouse Studio - in exchange for some of her beautiful notecards. Check out her panda puppet... how cute is that?!

I've continued shooting rolls of black & white film for many months now, even though i haven't had access to the darkroom at the craft center since my class ended. I probably have 20 rolls in a drawer in my dining room waiting to be developed, including those from my trips to bermuda and europe. Now i've met a knitter with a darkroom! Sarah's mother Lora offered to trade yarn for the use of her darkroom - and was even sweet enough to hold my hand and walk me through developing film again! I haven't printed from them yet, but the first 3 rolls that i developed last week came out ok. (as in, they weren't blank or black!) I'm so excited about printing the pictures and developing more in the next few weeks.

In lieu of fiber pictures, here's one of my favorites that i took last summer:

Its the crumbling face of a golden tiki idol that stands front of a closed polynesian restaurant.

4 Comments:

At 6/20/2005 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Man! I keep meaning to take a picture of that poor tiki god on 20, but never get a chance, Yours is perfect however-can I buy a print!

 
At 6/21/2005 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo how fun! I am counting my days down at work too...looks like oyu have a good idea for silling your time. I would be interested in trading something if you are. I do handmade cards and have tons of yarn.

How long have you been spinning? I would love to learn how. Just discovered I could buy a spindle so am about to start looking for what I need to do that. July just won't get here fast enough now. Have fun!

 
At 6/21/2005 6:25 PM, Blogger cindy said...

Love the tiki god! BTW I also use blogger and I wonder if you are using the free blogger or did you upgrade? What extras do you get if you upgrade.
TIA

 
At 10/11/2005 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site has a lot of information pertaining to my interests gold bead . I will definitely bookmark this page and be back later. If you get a chance, please check out my gold bead site. We so have something in common. Check ya later...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home