Saturday, October 15, 2005

sulk central

hello everyone in blogland. I have not dropped off the face of the planet... and i DO in fact still craft. The first 2 months of grad school has, as predicted, eaten all my free time!

why am i posting today? because i am NOT AT RHINEBECK!!!! i have been looking forward to this weekend all summer. i passed up many of the smaller state festivals in late summer because i knew i was going to rhinebeck. But i've also been travelling nearly every weekend for the past few months. and grad school is eating my weeks. Now we're finally done with wedding season! (*whew*) And i completed my first grad school test (i did very well!!). But now the house is a mess; i'm tired, stressed, and broke. we're still living out of boxes. you know how it goes.

so at the last minute i decided that i really should stay home, rest, clean, unpack, study... not go to rhinebeck. even for one day. but i'm still sulking, even though it was fully my decision. Everyone is going to bring back such wonderful goodies. and i had so much fun last year! i'm going to kick myself for not going. i know it.

i think i'm gonna go crawl back in bed.

5 Comments:

At 10/16/2005 10:24 AM, Blogger Dani said...

that stinks you didn't get a chance to go... its okay though, sometimes you just need to rest :)

 
At 10/16/2005 11:18 AM, Blogger Rosemary said...

I'm sulking in Waltham, too. I had vague ideas about blasting out to Rhinebeck, but life and financial realities took over.

 
At 10/17/2005 10:54 AM, Blogger Trista said...

We missed you! I was looking out for you all weekend. Unsurprisingly, we had lots of fun. Surprisingly, it didn't rain. Was last year your first year? A great deal of the layout and what-not was the same this time around.

Good luck with grad school! Are you still in your first rotation?

 
At 10/17/2005 11:50 PM, Blogger Kiri said...

totally feel your pain... grad school's been a particular bi-atch this semester here too. hope all is going well now! and don't feel bad - no rhinebeck or fun yarny stuff for lots of us either.

 
At 10/19/2005 11:26 AM, Blogger fillyjonk said...

I hate to tell you, once you become a prof (provided that's your career goal), it doesn't get much better.

You have more money, that's true. But you don't have the time to really enjoy it.

My real sulk is that I live in the middle of a fiber desert, and there's nowhere to go - no fiber festivals near enough me to justify going, not even an LYS. Heck, the nearest Hobby Lobby is 1/2 hour away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home