Wednesday, September 06, 2006

well that was d'uh!

I've known for at least 3 years that the minor league baseball team in Lowell MA is the "Spinners".

I've known for at least 4 years that Lowell MA has a rich textile history, being the home of the first major fiber factory in the US. (Technically the first was in Waltham, about 4 blocks from my current house! how very cool.)

So why is it that it wasn't until a few weeks ago that i put the two together and figured out that the team was named for, duh, fiber spinning?! oh mah gawd. How cute is their logo of a spindle/baseball bat? They even have some t-shirts that say "wicked good yarn"!

We went to a game with friends and i decided that they are my new favorite team. Darius even bought me a tres cool spinners t-shirt:
Lowell Spinners

2 Comments:

At 9/06/2006 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! i just may have to send you some moneys to get me a shirt!

 
At 9/06/2006 4:22 PM, Blogger aija said...

Very cool! I love the up close of the logo :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home