Wednesday, March 02, 2005

in need of an airplane project

on Friday morning i will be jetting my way to Austin, TX for my last grad school interviews. I need to do laundry, pack, find someone to feed the cats, etc, etc. The most important decision is, of course, what will i knit on the plane? i don't want to bring Ribby Cardi because i've only got one sleeve left and i don't want to be seaming on the plane. here are the choices for things that are already in my stash waiting to be knit:

1) work on my blue/green Beaverslide aran. it needs two sleeves which would certainly take me a good long time

2) Make something with my kureyon taken from the kureyon disaster sweater. I'm thinking of making Rosedale, but i'm open to other suggestions.

3) I've got 8 or 9 skeins of lusciously soft Cashmerino Aran by Debbie Bliss in black. i was originally making a top-down raglan cardigan but i've since lost the pattern. I don't have enough for anything big or fancy, but i was thinking about making Sitcom Chic. That would satisfy the serious deficit of a plain black cardigan in my wardrobe; the original intent with which i bought the yarn.

4) an entire bag of brick red Lana D'oro with no pattern earmarked. It could be almost anything.... well anything that can be make in 1100 yards. The problem with being a big busty gal is that i just cannot find a decent sweater to make for myself with 1,000 yards. i'm thinking of: BPT cardigan. Nope. Rogue? no way. Mariah? nuh-uh. I'm not married to knitty patterns or anything, these are the just first ones that jump to mind. What this really means is that if i want to use this yarn for myself i need to sit down and pore over all my books and find a simple (NO CABLES!) pattern that i like. Maybe something like this. i'm sure i've got the perfect pattern somewhere. i've already got a red poncho...

1 Comments:

At 3/05/2005 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dharia;

Didn't they tell you that once you move to MA, you aren't allowed to leave, ESPECIALLY if you are a fiber person??? ;-)

Good luck with your interview!

Helen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home