Friday, March 11, 2005

not much crafting accomplished

First off, I nearly missed my plane on friday morning because i was running around my house trying to gather up a knitting project!! yikes. i finally settled on Rosedale. I completed the first few inches of the body on the flights down to texas, which took me quite a while because i have never knit corrugated ribbing before. It did help me figure out how to do two handed, two color knitting though. maybe someday i'll tackle a whole fairisle sweater.

My return from texas was severely delayed due to leftover weather grossness in new england. In classic "me" style, i managed to lose the pattern and couldn't get any knitting done for the entire return trip! i wasn't feeling bold enough to forge ahead and makeup my own shaping, even though i know i could've. so i read magazines and cursed myself for the 'wasted' knitting time. :(

spinning joy


I didn't have time to post these before leaving, but here are some fun pictures of the obsessive amount of spinning that i did the week before going to texas.
That long beautiful roving that i painted? it became these singles:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
and then was navajo plied (to maintain the really great color progression) into this small little skein of yarn:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(i should've just left it singles, but its so nice and squishy navajo plied... but 1/3rd the yardage. c'est la vie.)

my favorite roving:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
became this awesome skein (single ply):
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(my camera couldn't seem to capture the really great "monet's garden" blues/greens/purples in this one. its so pretty! shows up a little better in the last picture.)

Mia's Easter Egg painted roving became this little cutie:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

and here's the whole group:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

did i mention how obsessed i'm getting with spinning? i love it! i don't even want to knit anything anymore.

1 Comments:

At 3/12/2005 7:43 AM, Blogger Baycolonyfarm said...

Wow! Great job. The skeins look gorgeous! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home