Monday, May 09, 2005

experimentalism

Yarn Harlot:
I plan on going to see her at the Amherst Fiber Art Center tomorrow night. I don't know details of when i'll be leaving worcester yet... but i am looking forward to seeing Mamacate, Helen, and any other bloggy-friends who might be going as well. I also plan on eating at LEAST 2, maybe more, pieces of Antonio's Pizza. yum.

silly yarn:
Image hosted by Photobucket.comAs i was spinning up the pink/blue wool this weekend, i remembered that i had some of those plastic letter beads sitting around in my bead stash not getting used (the holes go side-to-side, but i really wanted some letters with holes that go up-down). I thought "baby colors, baby beads... yeah, that could work!"


I strung all the beads onto some purple metallic thread i have, and plied the wool singles with the purple thread; dropping a bead into the mix every 4 - 10 inches. Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The end product is so cute, but this could never actually be used for a baby garment since the thread could be easily broken/chewed and beads swallowed. not good. Now i have this cool skein of yarn and am trying to think of things that it could be used for. a felted diaper bag? (or part of it at leat - there's only one skein). any other ideas?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 Comments:

At 5/09/2005 5:11 PM, Blogger Dani said...

That yarn looks so awesome! I love the added beads! How fun.. I wish you were going to see the Harlot in Acton on Wednesday. I would love to meet you. Amhurst is just too far for me! Have a blast though!

 
At 5/10/2005 9:46 PM, Blogger Baycolonyfarm said...

With NH coming this weekend, I was just too swamped to give myself the time to go visit up at the FAC tonight. That and the fact that DH didn't get home until 7:45 tonight. I'm sorry I couldn't be there. :( I did however, buy a new turkey roaster just for dyeing, and dyed a few angora skeins tonight instead.

I'm sure you had lots of fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home