Thursday, May 05, 2005

sorry honey, you can't shower today.

The 2 lbs of roving and skeins of yarn drying there take priority. ha!




In knitting news... there is none. Ribby Cardy is waiting on the final arm decreases and some seams.Pirate sweater stalled out after just the back. I'm also recovering from a horrible case of second sock syndrome.




I've been merrily spinning more of the Sydney roving that Theia devoured last week. Since i have a whole pound of fiber, the one smallish skein that i lost wasn't really a huge hit.

sadly, i didn't make it to Circles last friday to see the Yarn Harlot. I'm hoping to go to her western MA stop next week. It looks like people had a really good time. Earlier in the week i called the store to ask if they were taking reservations for the talk by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee and heard a blank confusion on the other line... until i said "stephanie. uh, The Yarn Harlot". "oh, oh! yeah, the yarn harlot". hahahahaha.


i had a REALLY hard time draggin' my ass to work this morning. Why? cause i was pre-drafting these:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
i wanted to start spinning them up right then and there. This roving was meant to be Red/white/blue, but in a serendipitous math error, Trista and I made our stock solutions .2% that night instead of 2%. i'm quite happy with the turnout!

5 Comments:

At 5/06/2005 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's some nice looking roving! I'm on a big spinning kick these days myself (since my knitting seems to be doomed at the moment, LOL).

I'll be at Stephanie's talk at the Fiber Arts Center in Amherst...hope to see you there! I have a sitter and so does Katy (knitterpated) so we were thinking about getting a drink after--wanna come? :)

Cate

 
At 5/06/2005 3:09 PM, Blogger Dharia said...

ooh ooh! if you say a drink and ANTONIOs i'm sold!! i miss the valley... but i really really miss good pizza. ;)

 
At 5/06/2005 9:37 PM, Blogger Dani said...

Love your post! All that wool is so colorful and fabulous! Yarn always takes priority! I am going to go to the yarn Harlot I think at the bookstore in Acton on Wednesday. Is that the one you were planning on going to? I didn't make it to Circles either. Hope all is well! Happy knitting/spinning/etc!

 
At 5/07/2005 11:40 AM, Blogger Baycolonyfarm said...

I plan to be at the Fiber Arts Center too (as is Marcy M.). It's Monday night, right? I'll have to get out of a meeting on Monday night early, just to go, but I should see you and Cate there. :)

 
At 5/08/2005 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Sky blue pink! A colorway you love to love but seldom see.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home